October 23, 2008

Hanging on...

Sometimes, it is all we can do.... just hang on and allow God to hold us. Monday's disappointment was pretty hard to take (pregnancy hormones thank you so much!), but I am feeling much better now. I have been blessed by visitors each day this week (thank you all!) and that has been a great encouragement and comfort to me. Thank you all for praying for me and baby, that his lungs will finish what they need for his grand entrance next week, and for my family at home, who were expecting me to come home this week.

Being told it is "just" one more week over and over again (I know everyone means well) is quite difficult when you are feeling you can't do even one more day. Not from boredom, mind you. I just miss being together with my family, being at home with them all and taking care of them. Coming to the realization, for like the millionth time in my life, that I can't do it/can't do one more day, is absolutely correct. I cannot. But, God can. All I have to "do" is yield... float, instead of struggle. This is what it truly means to "rest in God" or have the "peace of God", in any and all circumstances...right?

The plan right now is to do the c-section on Monday, 10/27 @ 9:30 AM. FOUR DAYS TO GO!

Thank you for all your prayers. We are praying for:

a safe, uncomplicated c-section, despite all the "risks" the doctors are talking about because of the placenta's position and the likelihood of excessive bleeding, etc.

that Liam will be healthy and not have to spend any time in the NICU

that I will recover quickly, not only from the surgery, but to gain my strength back after 3 months of bed rest

that I won't have any trouble with lactation (having milk come in easily, which has been a huge problem with the last 3 deliveries due to blood loss) and that Liam will be a terrific nurser despite being a bit early.


I can hardly wait to see and hold my baby boy... but more than that, I long for the day he and I come home and I can crawl into my bed, with my husband laying beside me and my children surrounding us on our bed..... and just inhale that moment for as long as possible.


3 comments:

Elyse said...

God bless your heart!!! I have been reading your blog but I think this is my first comment...I want you to know that I am praying for you! I know how hard it is to wait at the end of a pregnancy and be so anxious to just have it over! You are right though, rest in God is the only way to keep our sanity and be at peace.

Isaiah 26:3-4
You will keep him in perfect peace, Whose mind is stayed on You, Because he trusts in You.
Trust in the Lord forever, For in Yah, the Lord, is everlasting strength.

2Cor 12:9 And He said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for My strength is made perfect in weakness." Therefore most gladly I will rather boast in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me.

Again, may God bless your family, your sweet baby boy Liam, and you!

Baleboosteh said...

Oh, my heart goes out to you! We have had our own disapointments this week too with regard to how this pregnancy will end, so I feel your pain (baby and I are both fine - just a case of 'the best laid plans' going awry). We will continue to pray for you all and especially the details you mentioned. I know exactly what you mean about the pregnancy hormones! Your sweet spirit and attitude to all this have been a great inspiration to me.
God bless you.
Michelle

Anonymous said...

(((Jerri)))
I love you, sweet friend. My whole family is praying for you, baby, and family.
May the Lord continue to comfort you while you wait on Him and the miracle he placed in your womb. Can't wait to hear the exciting news. ~Lisa

 
design by suckmylolly.com