August 25, 2008

28 weeks

By this week, your baby weighs nearly 2.3 pounds and may measure 14.8 inches from top to toe. At about this time, your baby can open his eyes and turn his head in utero if he notices a continuous, bright light shining from the outside. His fat layers are forming and his fingernails appear.


Another week completed...another week starting!

It is somewhat surreal to think that up to about 6 weeks ago we "thought" that I would be starting on bed rest TODAY. How quickly that all changed.

This last weekend was challanging. I started contracting again on Friday and this time the contractions didn't stop with just 24 hours of medication. They have finally stopped today, after three days of the medication and staying pretty much completely in bed (actually, my lower back hurt so much on Thursday that I spent that whole day in bed also....my contractions have started both times now the day after a low back ache starts... aha! A pattern!).

Today marks 10 weeks till we "hope" to deliver the baby... if things stay calm, no bleeding, no need to take the baby earlier because it will be safer "out" than "in". Ten more weeks of bed rest to get to that "hoped" for day. 70 days.... Okay, have to stop thinking about it that way. Every day inside me is a blessing, even if it is hard for me to be on such extended bed rest.

This is also the day/week that the real problems of this type of previa start to happen (which is why this would have been the week to "start" bed rest). Spotting, bleeding, etc. I feel like a time bomb.... ticking.... never quite knowing when (or if) it will explode. I have strict instructions from my OB that if I start spotting to go directly to the hospital. If it starts with bleeding call 911...immediately...do not delay! **gulp** See what I mean about the time bomb ticking?

On the home front, after getting a lot done on lesson plans for school the early part of last week, I hope to finish them up this week. We are planning to "start" school on Sept. 1st. All our books have finally arrived (what would I do without online ordering?). I think we have about everything we need for to get us to Thanksgiving.... though the best laid plans are great to have, there is no way to know how this will play out.

God knows and is with us today and will be there for whatever may come. We appreciate all your prayers for us!

2 comments:

Baleboosteh said...

Oh my dear, I know that ticking time bomb feeling so well. You and your precious baby remain in our prayers here.
May the Lord strengthen and bless you.
Michelle

Jenni said...

Every day is precious and you have gotten so far already, hang in there Jerri!! You are definitely in my thoughts and prayers for a healthy strong baby and a healthy mommy!

 
design by suckmylolly.com